This building was built in 1908 by John P. Roper Jr. in the American four-square style. The home was almost lost when a fire broke out in the old blacksmith and carriage shop located on the property. Mr. Roper operated a grocery business on Main Street, eventually selling the Carroll Chain Stores Ltd. of Hamilton. The home housed officers of the 164th Battalion in 1916. John Robinson purchased the home of 1920 and was the the agent for the International Harvester Co. for many years, and the operated an automobile agency for Star and Durant cars in a building on Martin Street next to the post office building (Carriage Square Area).