163 Main St. E.
Thompson House: The large dressed stone building in the Italianate style was built in 1864 by Charles Thompson (son of Thomas Thompson) as the Thompson House Hotel. The hotel had 14 large bedrooms, 4 parlours, a large dining room, spacious hallways and a good cellar. The bar area was located on the east side of the building. Contractors were P. B. Zimmerman (carpentry), Thomas Wright (mason) and Clement & McDowell (plasterers). The lettering is visible under the third-storey windows. Many of the original details of the building can be seen from the interior. Businesses now operate on the ground floor, with apartments on the upper floor.