This has been a church site since 1852. Wesleyan Methodists built their first chapel where new addition to the west now stands. The chapel date-stone can be seen just to the east of the newer building and under a window taken from the original chapel. The larger sanctuary, attached to the Chapel, was built in 1890. The seven cornerstones bear the initials of those who laid them.