243 Main St. E.

This building was built in 1914 to be Milton’s post office. It cost $21,000 to build, and about 2,053 people lived in Milton at the time. Robert Stewart was the first person in charge of the post office. In 1915, a local jeweller named Emile Marchand started the clock on the building. The post office was an important place where people came to send and pick up their mail and meet others. It stayed a busy gathering place until mail carriers started delivering letters to people’s homes in 1967. A new post office was built around 1980.

Now home to: