Temporary position, July/August 2022
30 hours per week, weekdays and Saturdays
The Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area (DMBIA) is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated candidate for the position of Downtown Ambassador (Marketing Assistant). The candidate will perform physical work outdoors within the DMBIA district, supporting street maintenance and beautification, as well as running public activities to promote the downtown. They will also assist with marketing and administration efforts as required.
- Working with the support and direction of the DMBIA, assist municipal staff in maintaining a clean and safe environment for downtown patrons through litter clean-up, sidewalk sweeping and poster removal.
- Monitor and report graffiti, infrastructure damage and waste issues to designated authorities.
- Act as a street ambassador and source of information for downtown patrons and businesses.
- Run community-focused activations and activities on Saturdays (set-up, tear-down, service provider and local business liaison, coordination for Milton Farmers’ Market booth, etc.).
- Deliver posters, flyers and other information to downtown businesses.
- Assist with downtown events run by the Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area.
- Help maintain database of downtown businesses, review and update contact information.
- Support in marketing, downtown promotions and administration.
- Aged between 15-30 years old and meets the requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs program (https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/canada-summer-jobs/screening-eligibility.html)
- Could be college, university or experienced high school student
- Demonstrated experience working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Experience in customer service and ability to work with the public
- Experience running special events and public activities
- Responsible, self-motived, capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Team oriented, friendly with excellent interpersonal skills
- Applicants must meet the physical requirements of the job which include but are not limited to, standing and walking for prolonged periods of time, lifting, pushing and pulling a weight of 35 lbs and working outdoors in both cold and heat
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Driver’s license and access to vehicle preferred
Hours and Compensation:
Weekdays and Saturdays, 30 hours per week, July 4 to September 3, 2022. Occasional evenings may be required based on business needs. Work location is 251 Main St. E, suite 103. Compensation is $16.00 per hour.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference the position in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the deadline to apply is Tuesday, June 7, 2022. No phone calls please. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Click here to view the job on Indeed.
About the Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area:
The Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area (DMBIA) works to enhance and restore Downtown Milton and promote it as a vibrant and growing business community. We support local businesses, property owners and the community through beautification efforts, special events, marketing and promotions and strategic partnerships. For more information, visit www.downtownmilton.com.