Thank you for signing up to volunteer with the Downtown Milton BIA (DMBIA)! We rely on the help of our volunteers to make events like this a success and really appreciate your contribution to our community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
DMBIA Event Volunteers will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Set-up and take down of event materials: Assisting staff with tents, tables, barricades and road closures. Some heavy lifting may be required. Assisting event staff and other vendors with their equipment set-up and take down as needed.
- Supervise barricades and road closures: Standing guard at barricades to ensure only those allowed are entering the event area. Instructing other drivers how to get around the event and road closure or how to find parking.
- Facilitating event activities: Oversee and run all operational aspects of kids’ activities, volunteers will be expected to supervise the activity and equipment. This includes making sure everyone is playing safely, creating line-ups for activities and providing children and families instructions on the activity.
- Event Ambassador: Assist event attendees in finding their way around an event area, answering questions about the event, hand out advertising materials and other communication as needed.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
In order to volunteer for this event, please read the following training documents:
Finally, please watch these videos on the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act: