Board of Director’s Meeting – Minutes
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Location: Chamber Boardroom 6:30 p.m.
Eric Chabot (EC), David O’Connell (DO), Joe Taglieri (JT), Colin Best (CB), Miguel Gonsalves (MG), Margaret Lara (ML), Kristina Tesser Derksen (KTD), Cheryl Ciccarelli (CC).
Troy Newton (TN), Sara Bergsma (SB), Sukh Brar (SBr)
DO called the meeting to order at 6:34 pm.
DO asked the table if there was any declaration of pecuniary interest or conflict of interest. No declarations were made.
DO asked the group to review the previous meeting minutes.
- CB made a motion to accept the previous minutes with the noted change. MG_ seconded this motion. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report (presented at meeting).
- MG presented treasurer’s report.
- $25K spent to date mostly on salaries
- MG and CC met with Accounting to review policies for surplus etc. MG reviewed audit procedure and procedure for determining surplus/deficit for year.
- BOD agreed no need to have auditors to present to BOD.
- Currently 105K which includes assets of $21K.
- CC explained need for increase in purchasing policy – MG will review and bring a report to the BOD with recommendations. BOD to receive report prior to BOD and vote at next meeting
- MG moved to accept the treasurer’s report. ML seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- KTD meeting with Kristine Scott re: new strategy to deal with events and processes. CC mentioned concerns with moving target.
- Condo Application- second public meeting held – amendment to application so staff to come back with report summer/fall 2020. KTD asked if BIA will be sending some sort of letter of support. CC advised that when application was first made, we told Dennis that we were supportive and encouraged members to attend mtg
- March 24 – Con Halton public info night re: flood plain report – KTD should members be advised?
- CB reviewed flood plain report – would like mass email for members to get support
- CB provided real estate report
- New regional official plan being reviewed re development for Town and Region
- JT moved to accept the Council report as presented. ML seconded the motion. Motion passed.
CC presented the Executive Director’s Report (attached).
- In addition to the items presented in the attachment, the following things were discussed.
- DMSF – staging and resurfacing
- Covid-19 –
- BOD discussed Covid-19 and its affect on EE20 – after discussions,
- DO made a motion to wait until March 18 to determine status of virus and make a determination on cancelling event. CC to evaluate government advice and public opinion to make that decision. KTD seconded the motion. Motion passes.
- MG moved to accept the ED’s report. ML seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- CC noted that Sukh’s business has closed and as a result he has resigned his position on the board. There was a new person who applied for a position on the board. There was a suggestion that she could be invited to next meeting.
JT asked – what is our cut off for deposits. Should we be holding off on entering into contracts until we get a more definite answer on resurfacing and virus.
- KTD moved to adjourn the meeting. JT seconded the motion. Motion passed.