223 to 227 Main St. E.

This large building was built by John Dewar Jr. in 1887. After he died, the building was sold to John and George Hardy for $5,800. Over the years, the building had many different businesses, including hardware stores, a post office, a shoe store, and an Eaton’s order office. The hardware store stayed in the building for almost 100 years, from 1887 until 1979. The part of the building on the west side was added later and was designed to look like the original building.

Now home to: