We are looking for a wide selection of engaging, lively, and talented performers to participate in the Downtown Milton SummerFest on Saturday, June 18, 2022. Performances are typically 45 minutes, with 15 minutes reserved between performers for turnover, and will take place on the main stage at Main St & Martin St. in Downtown Milton.
- The Downtown Milton SummerFest is hosted by the Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area (DMBIA) and will run from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The event will feature music, vendors, kids’ activities, and more.
- In response to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the DMBIA is taking a new approach to events in Downtown Milton in 2022. In lieu of the Downtown Milton Street Festival, the DMBIA will spearhead two smaller scaled events – Downtown Milton SummerFest in June and Downtown Milton HolidayFest in November. This initative is supported by the Town of Milton.
Festival Goals and Objectives:
- To bring the community together
- To provide a fun and safe family-oriented event
- To showcase Downtown Milton
- To showcase local talent
- To showcase all vendors
- To provide increased opportunities for businesses
- To provide a diverse, inclusive and unique event experience
Target Audience: Families and people of all ages from Milton and surrounding communities
By completing this application, all entertainers agree and consent to the following conditions:
- All performances must be suitable for a general family audience rating.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn at all times.
- Performances may not include any high risk or unsafe elements that may put the public or the performers at risk. (eg. use of knives, fire and other dangerous elements are not permitted).
- The comfort and safety of others must never be jeopardized.
- Drunken or lewd behaviour will not be tolerated.
- All entertainers must provide proof of $2 million liability insurance by May 4, 2022. The certificate of insurance must name the Corporation of the Town of Milton (mailing address: 150 Mary Street, Milton, ON L9T 6Z5) AND the Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area (address: 251 Main St. E, Suite 103, Milton L9T 1P1) as an additional insured. If required, you may purchase insurance through the DMBIA instead for a fee of $55.00 + HST.
- Payment details will be confirmed if your application is approved.
- Please note that SummerFest will be receiving sponsorship from a number of partners and as such, entertainers may not seek out their own sponsorship related to their performances.
- Follow public health and safety protocols. Please be flexible, we will do our best to keep you informed and work with you.
If any of the above conditions are not met, entertainers will not receive payment.
You must apply online to be considered as an entertainer.
The application deadline is FRIDAY, APRIL 1, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
ONLY selected performers will be notified via phone and/or email
on or before FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2022
For any questions or more information, please call 905-876-2773 or email email@example.com