We are looking for a wide selection of local vendors to offer unique, creative and high-quality products and services during the Downtown Milton HolidayFest on Saturday, November 27, 2021.
- Downtown Milton HolidayFest is hosted by the Downtown Milton Business Improvement Area (DMBIA) and will run from 12:00 to 6:00 p.m. The event will feature music, vendors, visits with Santa, fire pits, holiday displays, kids’ activities, and more.
- The application deadline is Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 5:00pm.
- Upon acceptance, final vendor fees, deposits, insurance, and waivers are due by Wednesday, November 3, 2021 to confirm your vendor space.
Festival Goals and Objectives:
- To bring the community together
- To provide a festive and safe family-oriented event
- To showcase Downtown Milton
- To showcase local talent
- To showcase all vendors
- To provide increased opportunities for businesses
- To provide a diverse, inclusive and unique event experience
Target Audience: Families and people of all ages from Milton and surrounding communities
Vendors are placed throughout Downtown Milton alongside Downtown businesses.
Please note the following when completing your application:
- Please review all vendor criteria and guidelines carefully and contact the DMBIA office with any questions.
- HolidayFest runs from 12:00pm to 6:00pm. All vendors must commit to staying on the street until 6:00pm. Vendors who leave before 6:00pm will forfeit their deposit. Vehicles will not be permitted on the street until the event closes at 6:00pm and all public is cleared from the street.
- All vendor displays must be family friendly, interactive and engaging.
- All vendors selling food are responsible for submitting their own application to the Halton Region Health Department.
- Vendors are responsible for providing all requirements for their booth space (tents, tent weights, tables, chairs, etc). Weights should be approx. 20lbs or more on each tent leg.
- There are a limited number of hydro spots available (for light usage only). Heavier usage will require a generator provided by the vendor.
- Vendors will be required to follow all public health and safety protocols for the event. A list of the rules and protocols will be provided prior to the event. Please be flexible, we will do our best to keep you informed and work with you.
- HolidayFest runs rain or shine. See the cancellation policy below for more details.
- All accepted vendors will receive notice by Friday, October 22, 2021.
- All vendors will be required to participate in a mandatory virtual vendor information session the week of November 15- November 19, 2021.
- Upon acceptance, all vendors must fulfill the following requirements by Wednesday, November 3, 2021 to confirm their vendor space:
- $150 deposit: All vendors must submit a separate $150 security deposit upon acceptance. This will be returned if you fulfil all vendor criteria during HolidayFest. A separate cheque payable to Downtown Milton BIA is required.
- Proof of $2 million liability insurance: The certificate of insurance must name the Corporation of the Town of Milton (mailing address: 150 Mary Street, Milton, ON L9T 6Z5) as an additional insured.
- Signed Release of Liability and Waiver
- Vendor fees: Upon acceptance, all vendors will receive a letter outlining their total vendor fees. Payment can be made by cheque payable to the Downtown Milton BIA or online with Debit, Mastercard or Visa.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2021 AT 5:00 P.M. ONLY accepted vendors will be notified via phone and/or email on or before FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2021. Upon acceptance, final vendor fees, deposits, insurance, and waivers are due by Wednesday, November 3, 2021 to confirm your vendor space.
In the event that a vendor must cancel their participation in the Downtown Milton HolidayFest, please note:
- From October 20-November 3, only vendor fees can be reimbursed. Deposits will not be returned;
- From November 3 onward, vendor fees and deposits will not be reimbursed for any reason.
In the event that HolidayFest must be cancelled due to a change in provincial regulations, please note that vendors will be able to use their vendor fee towards their participation in a future Downtown Milton event.
For any questions or more information, call 905-876-2773 or email email@example.com