150 Mary St.

Milton Town Hall was built in 1855 as the Halton County Courthouse. It was made from large stones that came from the nearby Niagara Escarpment, and its castle-like design was meant to show that the law was strong and important. The courthouse had a jail where prisoners were kept, and many trials were held there. Three people were sentenced to death and hanged there for murder. In 1877, more space was added for the jail. In 1985, the Town of Milton bought the building for only $1 and spent $3 million fixing it up. It became Milton’s Town Hall, and a new two-storey addition was built in 2009.

Now home to: