Friday, January 14th, 2021, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to get settled in).
Friday, January 21st, 2021, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to get settled in).
What you will learn:
- You will learn how to make a baby size whole cloth quilt, how to do simple diagonal quilting and how to make and bind your quilt.
- Knowledge of how to operate a sewing machine without guidance.
- Fabric is a separate cost. Come into the store 1-2 days minimum in advance of your scheduled workshop and pick out your favourite fabrics from Oh Look, Fabric!
- 1 yard quilt top fabric 100% cotton
- 1 yard backing fabric 100% cotton
- 1/2 yard binding fabric 100% cotton
- 1 yard 80/20 batting
- You will receive a 5% discount on fabric purchases, for the purpose of this workshop only
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working order
- All purpose sewing foot and a walking foot (if you have one)
- Basic sewing kit (seam ripper, thread snips, scissors, clips, safety pins, pins, rotary cutter, 24″ long ruler etc.)
- Thread for piecing and coordinating thread for top stitching (available for purchase in-store, if needed)
- Basting Spray (available for purchase in-store, if needed)
- Full roll of painters tape (2″ wide)
- 80/12 universal sewing machine needles (available for purchase in-store, if needed)
Proof of double vaccine passport / QR code and a government issued ID is required.