- This event has passed.
Downtown Milton Easter Scavenger Hunt
March 26 @ 8:00 am - April 5 @ 9:00 pm
Kids, teens and families are invited to join in the fun and safely explore Downtown Milton through the Downtown Milton Easter Scavenger Hunt! Hosted by the Downtown Milton BIA with participation from local businesses, the hunt is happening March 26 to April 5, 2021 and is free to play.
Using the GooseChase app, teams will earn points by completing a wide range of exciting missions at home and in the downtown community. Missions can include taking photos in front of your favorite Downtown Milton store, drawing and submitting a photo of your favorite meal, sharing with us how you support local businesses or checking in to a location downtown.
Participating teams have a chance to win gift baskets and gift cards from their favourite Downtown Milton businesses. Through the scavenger hunt, we are raising funds and awareness for The Darling Home for Kids.
The hunt will be played on
Be sure to download the app:
Game begins: Friday, March 26 at 8:00 a.m.
Game ends: Monday, April 5 at 9:00 p.m.
Please REGISTER your team to receive the game code. Game code will be sent on Wednesday, March 24.
As Canada’s only paediatric organization providing respite, residential and hospice services, their mission is to improve the lives of children with medical complexity and their families. The organization focuses its service provision on children who require intensive nursing support on a daily basis for survival. Since they opened their doors in Milton in 2004, the number of children with medical complexities has climbed, reaching more than 16,000 in Ontario alone. With medical advances, these children are living longer, but their health issues are becoming more complex. They must meet this growing demand for care by expanding their walls and opening new spaces. Orlando Corporation has generously pledged to match each gift they receive towards this expansion, doubling the impact of each donation.
Over the years they have seen an increase in demand for their services, not only for the children who are in their care, but also for their families. With your help, they can give children more room to be free, to explore, to express themselves and to make the most of each day they have. Please go to their website for more information on how you can help: www.darlinghomeforkids.ca
Thank you to our gift basket donors:
How to use GooseChase
Join a Game
Once you log in to the GooseChase app on your device, the first thing to do is join a game. The Downtown Milton Easter Scavenger Hunt will be live on the app on Friday, March 26 at 8:00 a.m. You will receive an email from Mira Nasser from the Downtown Milton BIA on Wednesday, March 24 with the game code after you register your team.
Enter the game code within the app. You will need to register an account on GooseChase if you wish to exit and come back to the game, playing as a guest will not save your submissions.
To complete a mission, select it from the list and follow the instructions to receive the allotted points. Sometimes you’ll be submitting a photo or video, while other times you’ll be checking in at a specific location or solving a puzzle or riddle.
Remember that while you receive the points right away, all submissions are subject to review by the organizer. Sometimes you’ll even get bonus points if your submission is extra impressive!
The ability to see everything as it happens is one of the best parts of GooseChase. That’s because whenever someone completes a mission, it’s added to the activity feed and the rankings are automatically updated.
Don’t worry if you fall behind on the leaderboard, just make sure you finish all the missions in the game and have fun while doing them! Organizers will still need to review the submissions and announce the final scores. There are also a few prizes that will be drawn at random for all participants.
About the Game
- GooseChase is an app that has to be downloaded onto a device as participants are required to submit photos and videos to play the game.
- The Downtown Milton BIA, along with its sponsors and partners, have created the missions.
- If participants have any questions, email email@example.com
- Prizes will be given to the winners of the game (the team(s) with the most points) and also raffled off at random for any participating team to win.
- After all the submissions have been reviewed, winners will be announced on Wednesday, April 7.
- After the game concludes, some highlights from the best submissions will be promoted on Downtown Milton’s social media pages and may be used for marketing purposes in the future. By submitting photos or videos, you are consenting to the use of your content for future promotional purposes. Note that no names or personal information will be released. Team names may be used publicly.
- All participants must follow current provincial and public health guidelines while participating in these missions.