Due to the ongoing situation with Covid-19, the 2020 Downtown Milton Street Festival has been cancelled. We hope to hold the festival in 2021.
We are looking for a wide selection of local vendors to offer unique, creative and high-quality products and services during the Downtown Milton Street Festival (DMSF) on Saturday, June 6, 2020.
The Downtown Milton Street Festival is a family focused event that offers attractions and activities for a wide range of ages! This event showcases over 130 vendors, with returning vendors giving a 94% satisfaction rating to this event.
Festival Goals and Objectives
• To bring the community together
• To provide a fun and safe family-oriented event
• To showcase Downtown Milton
• To showcase local talent
• To showcase all vendors
• To provide increased opportunities for businesses
• To provide a diverse, inclusive and unique event experience
Families and people of all ages from Milton and surrounding communities
Expected Attendance: 90,000 people
Vendors are placed throughout Downtown Milton alongside Downtown businesses.
Specialized zones are available in the following categories:
Limited vendor space located near children’s activities is available for organizations whose product/service is free and intended for children/families. No competing product/service shall be permitted outside this zone
Food Truck Zone
Limited vendor space available to vendors who have mobile trucks with facilities to cook and sell food.
If you would like to be considered as a vendor in one of these zones, please indicate that by marking your preferred vendor zone in your application. Note: Organizers reserve the right to limit the number of vendors selling similar items or services.
Please note the following when completing your application:
- Please review all vendor criteria and guidelines carefully and contact the DMSF office with any questions..
- DMSF runs from 12:00 to 11:00pm. All vendors must commit to staying on the street until 9:00pm. Vendors who leave before 9:00pm will forfeit their deposit. Any vendor leaving between 9:00 and 11:00pm (event close) must walk their own goods to their vehicle. There will be no assistance available. Vehicles will not be permitted on the street until the event closes at 11:00pm and all public is cleared from the street.
- All vendors must check out with their Zone Supervisor or risk forfeiting their deposit.
- All vendor displays must be family friendly, interactive and engaging.
- All vendors selling food are responsible for submitting their own application to the Halton Region Health Department.
- Vendors are responsible for providing all requirements for their booth space (tents, tent weights, tables, chairs, etc).
- Electrical access is available, but limited, for an additional $80 per vendor. Vendors must provide a list of electrical appliances and include watts and voltage measurements for each. Any issues caused by overloading will result in the forfeit of your deposit.
- If your electrical needs exceed available services, you may be eligible to provide your own generator (must have a noise level of under 60 dBA). The DMSF team must be notified in advance if you are bringing in a generator. If you fail to provide notice or if the generator does not meet the noise level requirements, you will not be permitted to use it.
- DMSF runs rain or shine. See the cancellation policy below for more details.
- All accepted vendors will receive notice by Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- Upon acceptance, all vendors must fulfil the following requirements by Monday, April 13, 2020 to confirm their vendor space:
• $115 deposit: All vendors must submit a separate $115 security deposit upon acceptance. This will be returned if you fulfil all vendor criteria during DMSF. A separate cheque payable to Downtown Milton BIA is required.
• Proof of $2 million liability insurance: The certificate of insurance must name the Corporation of the Town of Milton (mailing address: 150 Mary Street, Milton, ON L9T 6Z5) as an additional insured. If you do not have insurance, you may purchase this through DMSF for a fee of $50.00.
• Signed Release of Liability and Waiver
• Vendor fees: Upon acceptance, all vendors will receive a letter outlining their total vendor fees. All cheques must be payable to Downtown Milton BIA.
- All NEW vendors must attend a MANDATORY vendor meeting on Tuesday, April 21 or Wednesday, April 22, 2020 from 7:00pm – 8:00 pm at Milton Town Hall, located at 150 Mary Street.
• RETURNING vendors are required to drop-in at Milton Town Hall (150 Mary Street) on Tuesday, April 21 or Wednesday, April 22 at 6 pm.
• If accepted as a vendor, further details will be provided regarding these vendor meetings.
Online vendor applications are preferred, but printable copies are also available online and can be mailed or delivered if required. Please note that an application or past participation in DMSF does not guarantee your vendor placement. New and returning vendors will be considered equally.
The application deadline is Monday, March 2, 2020 at 5:00pm.
ONLY accepted vendors will be notified via phone and/or email on or before Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
Upon acceptance, final vendor fees, deposits, insurance, and waivers are due by Monday, April 13, 2020 to confirm your vendor space.
In the event that a vendor must cancel their participation in the Downtown Milton Street Festival, please note:
- Vendor fees and deposits may be refunded up to April 13, 2020;
- From April 13 to April 30, only vendor fees can be reimbursed. Deposits will not be returned;
- From May 1 onward, vendor fees and deposits will not be reimbursed for any reason.
|Electricity** (limited availability)||$80+HST|
|Other Additional Fees||Fee|
|Security Deposit (required)||$115|
|Insurance (if required)||$50|
Note: Vendor fees, electricity fees, and deposits are due upon acceptance by Monday, April 13, 2020.
Online Vendor Application Form
*Foodservice refers to products that are intended for immediate consumption at the festival.
**Vendor placements with electrical access are available, but limited. Vendors must provide a list of electrical appliances and include watts and voltage measurements for each. Any issues caused by overloading will result in the forfeit of your deposit. If your electrical needs exceed available services, you may be eligible to provide your own generator (must have a noise level of under 60 dBA, food trucks exempted).
Contact Downtown Milton with any questions or to discuss any specific requirements:
Downtown Milton BIA – 251 Main Street East, Suite 103, Milton, ON L9T 1P1