Board of Director’s Meeting
MinutesWednesday, Nov 13, 2019
Location: Chamber Boardroom 6:30 p.m.
Attendees: Eric Chabot (EC), David O’Connell (DO), Colin Best (CB), Kristina Tesser Derksen (KTD),Margaret Lara (ML), Sukh Brar (SBr), Sara Bergsma (SB), ), Troy Newton (TN), Joe Taglieri (JT), Miguel Gonsalves (MG), Cheryl Ciccarelli (CC).
Guests:Maria and Dominic Pasqualino
EC called the meeting to order at 6.30 pm.
EC asked the table if there was any declaration of pecuniary interest or conflict of interest. No declarations were made.
EC asked the group to review the previous meeting minutes.
- SB moved to accept the minutes as presented. ML seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report (attached).
ML moved to accept the treasurer’s report. DO seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Domenic and Maria Pasqualino joined the meeting to discuss their concerns about the HolidayFest event.
Moving forward, if this event is continued Domenic would be willing to sit on the committee.
However, for this year, Pasqualino’s would participate if the road is closed.
Domenic and Maria left the meeting.
KTD presented the local Councillor’s report:
- Budget in December
- The Restore is half-way down
- Vote on cannabis retail – passed. Bylaws to come.
- Rick di Lorenzo asked how much money we lost due to opting out in Jan. – $70K
- Conservation Halton – mapping – springtime – results
KTD presented the regional Councillor’s report
- Allocation program for 8700 new homes in Milton
- CB will present to Conservation Halton re: save pedestrian bridge on Nov. 21
MG moved to accept the Council report as presented. DO seconded the motion. Motion Passed.
CC presented the Executive Director’s Report (attached).
- In addition to the items presented in the attachment, the following was discussed.
- Holley Electric completed string light work – took two days. 5 light poles not working and have been reported to TOM
- Contractor Dave Marshall should have all wreaths up by morning of 14thor 15th.
- CC spoke to Jennfer Ahearn – still waiting on contract settlement with Ground Guys. Budget/DMSF:
- CC has been working with Sara Lorenco from TOM re: Journal Entries for DMSF –Sara is working to have that done but reports that will probably not happen until late November early December.
December’s BOD Meeting: scheduled for – Wed. Dec. 11, 2019
- Need to choose a location – BOD suggested Pasqualinos
TN made a motion to accept the ED’s report. DO seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Social Media Contract:TN looked at contract. BOD discussed how AK was best used. TN appreciated opportunity to review contract.
DO: Mohawk Inn and Conference Centre closing – will be upgrading / building new facility. Better hotel and conference centre area. They still own. 18 mos. project expected. Dec 15 – festive farewell.
SB – China House – Chudleigh’s shop/café and office upstairs – bakery coffee shop
TN made a motion to adjourn the meeting. SB seconded the motion. Motion passed.