Board of Director’s Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Location: Chamber Boardroom 6:30 p.m.
Attendees:Eric Chabot (EC), David O’Connell (DO), Colin Best (CB), Troy Newton (TN), Kristina Tesser Derksen (KTD),
Margaret Lara (ML), Sukh Brar (SBr), Cheryl Ciccarelli (CC).
Guests:Alan Cooke (AC), ACTION – Ruth Hull, Heather Murch, Gary Williams
Regrets:Joe Taglieri (JT), Sara Bergsma (SB), Miguel Gonsalves (MG),
EC called the meeting to order at 6.41pm.
Presentation by ACTION –
Group discussed implications of Reid Quarry which is proposed for Campbellville.
Gary to KTD: Old Milton – approximately 25,000 people on Kelso well water and could be affectedRuth (Toxicologist): no evaluation has been done of impacts to humans or environment. It is important that Milton residents and businesses know that they could be affected. There is a public meeting Sept. 25 at Milton Sports Centre. ACTION is hosting a fundraiser on Sun. Oc. 27 at Country Heritage Park and is looking for donations.
ACTION is hoping that the BIA could spread the word to BIA businesses that are looking to support. Want help with outreach and getting volunteers. People can send letters to Ministry of Natural Resources. Environmental Assessment is supported by local leaders (Council, Lisa Raitt, Parm Gill, Adam Vankoeverden)
CB: bringing this issue to regional council in September
Ruth to be ACTION contact person. Group from ACTION left meeting
EC asked the table if there was any declaration of pecuniary interest or conflict of interest. No declarations were made.
EC asked the group to review the previous meeting minutes.
- CB moved to accept the minutes as presented. DO seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report (attached).
- CB questioned DSMSF – CC explained that Journal Entries were being done now and that once final numbers were confirmed, that we were be on budget.
CB moved to accept the treasurer’s report. DO seconded the motion. Motion passed.
KD presented the local Councillor’s report:
-voted Monday to accept staff recommendation for Bronte St. rehabilitation – working on land appropriation but should be done by spring
-bridge to be inaccessible for over 1 year. Will be split one side. Vs other. 2-3 years to complete. Chance that may cause issue with Tremaine opening but trying to mitigate.
-ACTION – Council supportive of Parm’s initiative to secure an environmental assessment.
-Canada Day – town approached Mohawk for 2020. Agricultural Society approached after agreement with Mohawk reached. Some backlash. Can be reviewed for future years.
-Core services delivery report now available – will look at Aug 26 Council meeting.
CB presented the regional Councillor’s report
- Regional budget increase forecast at 2% increase for next year.
- Working on Tremaine bridge and overpass – expected completion 2022
- Conference this weekend
- KTD: would we host federal meeting? EC: probably not. – looking for a larger audience. Can ask question at Chamber sponsored event.
- DO can we see if we can get our name at the Chamber’s event to get exposure.
DO moved to accept the Council report as presented. ML seconded the motion. Motion Passed.
CC presented the Executive Director’s Report (attached).
- Re: issues with current contractor. BOD asked What is the plan? Do we need to continue with the contract? Do we need to allocate more money to this? CC to discuss with Jennifer Ahern.
- DO discussed meeting with Frank Adili (TOM, IT) and the plans for Wifi implementation.
- CB asked if some of that money was earmarked for garbage receptacles. CC to investigate.
- CC reviewed notes to form basis of budget talks for 2020.
- CC reviewed possible budget for a Holiday 2019 event. CC to email budget with notes to the board for review. CC advised that we’d need to continue the discussion by email due to time constraints.
- BOD discussed options for 2019 AGM.
- Picked Wednesday, Oct. 16th– 1 week after October BOD meeting.
- CC to look at restaurant or other venue with catering. Find a speaker. Extend invite to candidates.
- CC discussed OBIAA email with notes for Federal election and requests for BIA action. CC to send email to BIA for review.
- DO has spoken to Nick Mocan from Crozier about the letter requested by the Clements. Nick has requested time to assemble notes.
CB made a motion to accept the ED’s report. DO seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Sukh: Digital Main Street – DO has talked to a couple of people on the street. Waiting for call backs and to hear back from DMS
CB made a motion to adjourn the meeting. SBr seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 pm.